Thursday, 17 May 2012

Panic stations, please!

drama queen
noun
Informal. a person who often has exaggerated or overly emotional reactions to events or situations: You're such a drama queen! You always have to have all the attention.

Sadly I am one. Not - as far as I can tell from my ten second self-consultation - because I want attention; I despise attention. I'm the twenty-year-old girl who wears sunglasses, covers her head and carries her stick at all times: people looking at me and thinking about me is something I really don't deal with brilliantly. However I do massively overreact to everything.

Especially my own illnesses.

I have twice today decided tomorrow is going to be utterly, utterly terrible, despite the fact I'll be heading home to my lovely boyfriend and getting some glasses that may mean I can actually see you. Well slightly. Well that flesh coloured oval shape. I presume that's you? No, tomorrow is going to be utterly, utterly terrible because I'll have to catch a train in a wheelchair, which I've never done before.

Of course this isn't going to happen.

Because I'll be better by morning; I nearly always am. Mornings are often my best health time of the day. And then light and rubbish things like that get me down. Just because my leg didn't work then and wants to wobble now is no indication of anything bar the fact that people should start unfollowing me on twitter because of my bleating on and on.

So everything's cool; I've mentally settled it - I'm going to be fine tomorrow and I'm just a silly, panicking person that needs to stop overstating her troubles and using her blog as an instant counselor.

But now, excuse me, I need to persuade my boyfriend to come and collect me from Chichester tomorrow. Otherwise everything's going to be just terrible.


No comments:

Post a Comment